Friday 3 November 2023

Every Ending is a New Beginning

 


Today is my one-week anniversary of leaving employment as a support worker for Melanie Tonia Evans, and it’s been as freeing as getting out of any abusive relationship.

I wasn’t due to leave fully for another couple of weeks, as I’d been training my replacement since my resignation in August. The full reasons I resigned will become clear in time, but the final straw was yet more unethical behaviour.

Melanie always made a big deal about how if you purchase her Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Program (NARP), the you get it for your lifetime, and that includes all updates. So the last big update was in 2019, when the programs transferred to Teachable, although there have been several minor updates done since then.

Last week, a new NARP update – Speedy Shifts – was released (a story in itself and one of the ones I will be telling). but only to NARP Gold members. If NARP Silver members wanted the upgrade, they would have to pay $100 US to upgrade to Gold membership.

As a member of staff, I was only told this AFTER the upgrade had been all over social media, even though I would be the one dealing with all the dissapointed Silver members in Support during training.

My first reaction was ‘well that’s another bunch of tickets I won’t be taking’, as this is what I’d previously done when shady stuff was going on. So far as I was concerned, I was going above and beyond to still be there at all, considering I had no contract keeping me there, and no way was I going to be tainted by the dodgy business practices Melanie was using.

But then I realised it had gone too far, and I no longer wanted to lift a finger for such an unestical company. So I left.

In the intervening hours, I was allowed to upgrade anyone who asked, for free – by my immediate boss.

When someone is a liar, you cannot trust anything they say. That means their promises are worthless, even if they have been making that promise for years, and even if they once kept their promise.

And when a liar claims to be exceptionally spiritually evolved, acting authentically and in alignment with God, well, I think you can see where I’m going with this!

I had no job to go to, either when I resigned, or when I decided I was completely done. That doesn’t matter – because I am in alignment with what is good for my soul and what is truly of God.

I believe that if we follow our calling from a heart-centred place and with a desire to serve humanity in the best way we can, then abundance will follow. I thought Melanie believed that too – it’s what she preaches after all. But no. And weirdly, when I expressed this opinion in a meeting, I was told I was suffering from ‘scarcity consciousness’. Which is bizarre, as what I was expressing was the exact opposite – to focus on the mission and let the money sort itself out. but Melanie is big on projection.

I came to realise that abundance wasn’t the aim for her: she is all about acquisition. And this is where the problems have all stemmed from, and what I believe will be the ultimate downfall of the company unless she truly goes within to heal.

“No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and Mammon” and I’ve made my choice, just as Melanie has made hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment